Just a short little wisdom this week.
Now, there will no doubt be some angry feedback about the following comment, but I don’t care. Here it is…
Any human being of any sex, race or religion that takes a photo of a domestic cat and shows it to another human of any sex, race or religion is… A WEIRDO!
There are over 500 million cats in the world and all of them to a cat have done something ‘cute’ in their lives. There is no need to tie the internet up with pictures of these false affection showing / hay fever giving useless whining animals, unless you manage to snap a shot of a tiger (a cat after all) attacking a crocodile or something like that. Imagine how fast the internet would work if it was completely 100% cat free? The internet would flow perfectly and there would be no waiting or no computers freezing. The internet would be a better place as would be the world.
Cats! Average animals, terrible football team.
Photos of horses are fine!
This is the biggest day of racing in the history of NSW. The Queen Elizabeth is worth more than the Cox Plate and races that had lost all their prestige over the years have been revamped and have been put together to make for a grand day. Here we go…
2.9. Longma. This colt has been flying on the track of late and after a luckless Sydney debut at Warwick ‘should be made into a pitch and putt golf course’ Farm, he is ready to win this race.
Race 5. The Queen of the Turf.
Here is what the good people at A Turf Fascination will be doing, because 1. Red Tracer and 3. Catkins are both Hall of Fame horses and both have an identical chance of winning. Here is the formula…
- $10 a win on 1. Red Tracer
- $5 quinella 1. Red Tracer and 3. Catkins.
- $5 first four 1,3 / 1,3 / 2,7,9,10
But if you are more a win bet punter, have $6 on Catkins (win return $24) and $4 on Red Tracer (win return $16).
Race 6. The Oaks
2. Lucia Valentina deserves to be the favourite, but she is very very very short at $2.50. The suggested way to go would be…
- $10 each way 1. Zanbagh. She is a gun filly and has been aimed at this race since November. She will be peaking on the day.
- $1 each way on 6, 10, 11. These are Gai’s three horses and they are all at huge odds. But all three are firing at trackwork and deserve respect.
There are too many chances in this race behind the favourite to try and be creative with exotic bets.
Race 7. The Sydney Cup.
4. The Offer is favourite, but he will get to $4 on the day so if you like him back him just before the race. There are some fairdinkum slow ones in this race, but here are also a couple of good ones. Here is an idea…
- $5 a win on 4. The Offer. He looks very hard to beat and you will get back $20 if he wins for a $5 risk. But count this bet as a saver. Risk $20 of your own all together with the following bets, and should The Offer win, you break even. Make sense?
- $5 a win on 1. Voleuse de Coeurs
- $2 each way 11. Hippopus
- $6 box first 1,2,3,4,5,11
Race 8. The Queen Elizabeth.
Every single horse in this race has a chance. I will be barracking very hard for Carlton House, but he is unders at the minute. If he gets to $6 have a go at him. But if he doesn’t, here is a nice little system considering ever runner has a chance of winning…
- $10 a win on It’s A Dundeel. He has been set for this race and it will most likely be his last start. All the others in the market have the exact same chance of winning as he does and coming back from 2400m to 2000m is very hard. He will run well and it is hard to see him missing a place.
- $5 each way on Boban. He hates the wet, but he will never be $15 again and he did win a Group One two starts ago.
Below is the ranking order according to A Turf Fascination for this race. If every horse runs its best and has perfect luck, this is the order I predict they will finish in (top five). The recommended bets above are based on price, but this list is based on talent and the conditions of the race. Remember this is a hypothetical scenario where every horses runs to its best and has no bad luck…
5th – 4. Green Moon
4th – 11. Royal Descent
3rd – It’s A Dundeel
2nd – 10 Silent Achiever
1st – 5. Carlton House
It is a bloody hard race!
5.4. The Quarterback. Should have won last start and will fly second up. Caulfield is not his go, but he simply might be better than these.
6.9. Sistine Demon. Will lead and take a stack of beating. If he wins this he automatically gets inducted into the A Turf Fascination Hall of Fame.
7.17. Saint or Sinner. A Stayer on the rise but this is a good race with the likes of Tanby and Julienas running. In fact have a little something on both those also!
8.6. Elite Elle. Stopped as if shot last week but she should be fitter for that run. She too is just one win away from an induction into the A Turf Fascination Hall of Fame.
7.5. Love Rocks. The best of the day and I don’t say that lightly because Excellantes is in this race and he IS in the Hall of Fame!
8.3. Cum Dividend. Second best of the day and he is at good odds.
Good luck and stay tuned.